Having Faith in God Helps Us To Receive Power & Our Prayers Being Answered
- First step to believe who (God)
- the Father is
- Jesus is saying to his disciples, “I have faith in God” Mk 11:22
- Some today, still confuse God with Jesus
- Jesus knew who the Father (God) is
- Jesus is telling his disciples how His prayers were answered Mak 11:12-26
- Jesus is doing this to show the disciples how their prayers will be answered
- Believe these things shall come to past Mark 11:23
- Be clear who is the mountain mover. Know and believe this power comes from God.
- When power is given, there must be obedience. Jesus is our example of obedience to the power giver.
- When you stand praying, forgive. Mark 11:25
- What has this to do with speaking to the mountain.
- The secret to having prayers answered. Have no unforgiveness
- But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven Mark 11:26
Jesus Only Did Certain Miracles In the Presence of His Disciples To Prepare Them
- Jesus would do certain miracles for them, like walking on water Matt 14:25
- Jesus multiplied the fishes and loaves for them Matt 14:19-21
- The disciples were to carry on Jesus’ ministry and they needed power Acts 1:8
- Jesus worked on the disciples for three years, so they would know who he was. (Jesus works on us)
- The test: Jesus taken and arrested and went to the cross.
- This was a fiery test for the disciples, they saw Jesus being taken like that without Jesus using His powers to avoid all that
- God looked upon that and gave the disciples mercy
Power Is Not Given To Those Who Would Abuse God’s Power
- Those who were following Jesus for the fishes and loaves, may not been given the Holy Spirit John 6:26-27
- What causes people to fall is when they abuse the power
- The fall can be very devastating and damaging Heb 6:4-6
- It been better to not receive the power if one is going to take it, then get out of the church and go back to their old lifestyle II Pet 2:20-22
- After the Children of Israel received the power, and saw God’s miracles they could not cross the Jordan River to the promised land because of unbelief. They saw God’s miracles ten times. Deut 1, Heb 3
Reason Why Some Don’t Receive Power
- It would mean more power, more responsibility in God to maintain
- It would mean another level higher one would be in the Spirit
- When would have to go deeper in the Spirit (more commitment)
- The Holy Spirit searches the hearts and knows if he imparts to certain saints, the gifts of the Spirit, they may fall away, so He will refrain from imparting gifts of the Spirit. The Holy spirit knows who will endure unto the end Rom 8:27
- Some may still be flirting with going back into the world from time to time
- Satan knows how to work it into you if you give ground to him
- Some may not have given up the thought of going back into the world in their mind
- A lot of people haven’t stopped entertaining the thought of going back into the world
Just Like The Children of Israel, We Could Draw Back
- We experience the power of God in various ways (healing, deliverance, miracles, etc)
- After that, one knows the power of God
- It’s a danger to fall especially after one has prophesied, prayed for others and they were healed
God Knows Who To Give The Power To
- If it is given to you, it means that God plans and invested in you so that you will never go back into the world
- They are those who have abandoned the possibility of going back into the world for a fling
- What’s a fling? Miss or Mr. Right came along to tempt you for a season
- The more the Holy Spirit abides in us, He changes our personality
- Babes will only prophesy elementary exhortations such as, “I the Lord am in this place and will bless you….” because they have not gone further in the Lord
- Given to those who give time for fasting and praying,
- Been through experiences, trials, and tribulations
- When God does this, it makes us grateful and causes us to not go back
- Jesus says if we give up everything to follow Him, we will receive a hundredfold but, with that will come persecution Mat 19:27-29
Things To Consider To Maintain The Power
- In the new world, we are going to reign with Him
- Praying daily like Jesus to watch the tempter (the devil)
- You must have a genuine experience of being filled with the Holy Spirit.
- This must be a settled fact in your life
- You can get on the verge of things due to temptations, and trials, but you must never say or doubt having ever received him. This is denial.
- In the world of temptation (out and among the world) evil spirits watch you, to make you deny that you have ever been filled with/H.S. That is a VERY DANGEROUS THING.
- Jesus never doubted Where he came from and who his father was. Jesus was subject to his earthly father.
- Never regret your calling. Why is this important? Evil Spirit will tempt you
- Let your light shine. Stop worrying about what people say about you and your relationship with God. What do people think and say about you and our faith in God?
- Must know where heaven is (make up our mind Heaven is a real place)
- Be clear concerning the Word. Have a clear understanding of the word.
- For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him. John 3:34